I thought it was about time I started sharing some of my holy grail and everyday staple products with you. It suddenly seemed ridiculous that I could review and feature new products all the time without ever visiting the products I couldn't live without. First up is MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I have tried numerous other makeup removers and I always end up coming back to MAC's. Actually I usually end up crawling back to MAC Cleanse Off Oil begging forgiveness and promising to never leave her again!
From the MAC Cosmetics website:
An industry-strength oil-based makeup remover that's gentle on the skin. Botanically formulated with oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed and absolutely 100 percent mineral-oil free. Massages onto the skin to loosen all makeup, including waterproof mascara. Emulsifies into a lotion-type liquid with water: rinses off easily, no tissues required - and no residue! Protects with vitamin E. Skin softening and conditioning. Good for all skin types.
The trouble that I usually end up having with makeup removers is that no matter how thorough I think I've been I still end up with some residual smudges of mascara/liner under my eyes. Even if I think there is none remaining after washing my face sometimes when I wake up the next morning there it is. This problem became especially prevalent after tight lining my upper lash line became part of my daily routine. Tight lining involves lining right at the base of your lashes underneath your upper lash line. You can see how this would make makeup removal even trickier.
Another issue I frequently experience with makeup removers is eye irritation after use. Whether it be fogginess, redness, itching/irritation or watering most removers cause me some form of grief.
So this is where MAC's Cleanse Off Oil becomes holy grail for me. I don't experience any of these issues with the Cleanse Off Oil. Even more impressive is that it does it's job not only effectively, but effortlessly as well.
- Removes every single trace of eye makeup, every single time.
- Doesn't irritate my eyes.
- I don't have to use a cotton pad with it. I just pump into my hand and massage my eyes with my fingers and then move on to the rest of my face.
- It emulsifies when water is added and rinses clean with no greasy feel. I always follow with another cleanser since I focus the Cleanse Off Oil mainly on my eyes but I don't even think this is a necessary step.
- None I can think of other than it is on the expensive side but I'm also saving money not having to purchase cotton pads to use with it every night. The price is worth it for me because it delivers every time and the bottle lasts forever.
Another great thing is there is now a travel sized version available so you can try it out at a lessor cost. 30ml/1oz is $12 CDN or $10 US. The full size version (150ml/5oz) is $31.50 CDN or $26 US.
Bottomline: Can't live without it.