Hourglass has come out with a lip treatment that offers lips similar anti-aging treatment advantages as their No 28 Primer serum offers skin. The Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil ($49 CAD/$42 US) hydrates, rejuvenates, and regenerate lips with an advanced blend of botanicals, vitamins, and three powerful active ingredients.
The amazing formula boasts:
- A richly concentrated oil blend that fuses botanicals, vitamins and cutting-edge actives to deliver anti-aging, hydration, regeneration and essential protection to the delicate lip area.
- No. 28 has both short- and long-term benefits for the lips. The combination of essential oils, plant oils and vitamins works on contact to condition lips, relieve dryness and chapping, and shield against the elements.
- Like No. 28 Primer Serum, this product is enriched with 14 essential oils: Bois De Rose, Lavender, Geranium, Petitgrain, Lemon, Rosemary, Vanilla, Clove, Amyris, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Eucalyptus, Cedar and Rose Geranium; 10 lipid-rich plant oils, including Hazelnut, Kukui Nut, Rose Hip, Borage, Olive, Green Tea, Cherry Pit, Sweet Almond, Jojoba, and Evening Primrose; and is fortified with 4 Vitamins, A, B5, C and E. The 28 ingredients create a protective barrier for lips.
Three powerful actives:
- Saliporine 8, an extract derived from a hardy succulent, was shown to reinforce the natural moisturizing factor of the skin. Moisture levels in the skin increase by 6000% after applying it twice a day for 28 days.
- Volulip™, a blend of a plant extract and the natural peptide Pal-KMO2K, helps remedy internal and external lip texture. In clinical testing, Volulip™ improved lip shape, softness, volume, and hydration for 69% of volunteers.
- K3 Viamerine which in clinical testing has been shown to hydrate all three epidermal layers and reduce the depth and appearance of wrinkles.
The packaging is just as impressive. A 24kt gold-plated, anti-bacterial palladium tip dispenses product and creates a cooling effect on the lips. I still can't figure out how it feels so darn cool when it's stored in a very warm place. You press down on the pump to dispense the product from the center of the luxurious gold plated tip.
The product has a bit of an herbal scent that may take some getting used to. You may want to avoid applying it right before eating or drinking. I enjoy the scent but it doesn't really mesh well when you are trying to enjoy the flavour or something else. The texture has a bit of thickness too it whichI love because it means it stays on the lips really well. I hate runny lip products that disappear the instant you put them on. It has a little bit of stickiness but not the unpleasant in the your hair sticks to it way, but rather the adhere well to your lips way.
My holy grail lip balm for years has been Lansinoh HPA Lanolin for Nursing Mothers. It has kept my lips healthy for years. But this now takes top spot in my book. It is keeping my lips just as healthy but with the added bonus of so many skincare benefits that I am reaping the rewards of already. LOVE!
Ingredients: Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecanol, Amyris (Amyris Balsamifera) Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzoin Siam Absolute, Bois De Rose (Aniba Rosaeodora) Oil, Borage (Borago Officinalis) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cedar (Thuja Occidentalis) Leef Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cherry (Prunus Avium) Pit Oil, Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Oil, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Geranium (Geranium Maculatum) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Oil, Hazelnut (Corylus Americana) Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Oil, Kukui (Aleurites Moluccana) Nut Oil, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Oil, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Peel Oil, Lithospermum Officinale Root Extract, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Olive(Olea Europaea) Oil, Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Peel Oil, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Panthenyl Triacetate, Petitgrain (Citrus Reticulata) Oil, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Rose Geranium (Pelargonium Roseum) Oil, Rose Hips Seed Oil, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sucrose Cocoate, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia) Oil, Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata) Oil.
The Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil will be available is at Sephora and Sephora.com. It is available now in the US and will be available in Canada in May 2013.
Product provided for my consideration. All review are always my own honest and unbiased opinions. Post contains affiliate links which help support this site.