I have been a big fan of Aveeno for a long time. For my son and daughter's delicate skin I trust their moisturizers and oatmeal baths to soothe them. My diaper cream of choice has always been Aveeno when they were experiencing a rash. My husband and I always have a bottle of the Aveeno body lotion on the go. It was only a matter of time before I finally gave their facial skincare products a go.
There are some new additions to their Positively Ageless Collection including the Rejuvenating Scrub and Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30.
Aveeno Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Scrub
- Formulated with exfoliating micro-beads to remove impurities and polish away dead skin cells for smoother, more even tone.
- The non-comedogenic formula is gentle enough for daily use.
- Formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Shiitake Complex, a naturally sourced anti-oxidant, and Vitamin C, that the formula helps reverse the visible signs of aging for younger looking skin.
- Unique formula contains ACTIVE NATURALS® Shiitake Complex enhanced with Vitamin C to hydrate skin and improve the appearance of wrinkles and skin tone.
- Natural, light-reflecting minerals and lightweight tinted coverage blend away imperfections, age spots and discolorations.
- SPF 30 UVA/UVB sun protection helps shield the skin from the damaging effects of the sun
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic formula.
- Available in Light to Medium shade.
The scrub is very gentle. I even used in my eye area a few times with no issues. It is a lathering scrub containing sulphates so keep this in mind if you avoid sulphates in your cleansers. I did not find this left my skin feeling tight and dry even though it contains ALS and it did a wonderful job cleansing my skin. The scent is very light and natural.
The tinted moisturizer is a little dark for me so I haven't used it regularly enough to attest to any anti-aging benefits. It is a thicker consistency and provides a decent amount of coverage. Given it's skincare benefits I'm surprised they didn't jump on the BB Cream bandwagon and market it as such. It has an SPF of 30 from a variety of chemical sunscreens. It was not greasy at all and set to a nice finish. If this was a better shade match for me I could see using it quite regularly.
These became available in March nationwide at food, drug, and mass merchandisers. Suggested retail price is $9.97-$11.99 for the Rejuvenating Scrub and $24.97 - $30.99 for the Tinted Moisturizer.
Products provided by the company's PR for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinion.