The Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics #12 Palette released for Holiday 2012 is THE MOST AMAZING smoky eye palette! It is the traditional grey toned smoky eye with a touch of taupe sparkle. Yes TAUPE sparkle. Sorry if I sound a little excited but this palette really blew me away.
So what makes this palette special? Well I mentioned the taupe already didn't I? OK well in case beautiful taupes don't float your boat then here are some other reasons this palette stands out for me:
- There is a gorgeous, glittering silver grey to brighten up your inner corner, or to add to the centre of the lid for that added glam factor and focus.
- The top left matte grey shade applies and blends out beautifully in the crease.
- The deep, softly sparkling charcoal shades blends into the look effortlessly to really smoke out your lashline and outer area of your eyes.
- Taupe. Sparkling, spectacular, grey toned taupe. Oh sorry. I mentioned that already...
- The palette looks amazing applied dry for smoky eye with a touch of sparkle.
- You can also apply the shades wet for full on, intense, dramatic, more metallic, smoky look.
These swatches are applied dry:
Now that I am back to a cooler blonde from the red hair I am really starting to love how greys look on me. I can see this palette becoming a go to for nights out. Well who am I kidding? For days too. I'm not one to shy away from a smoky eye during the day and this combination is stunning. I will be posting a look of the day post using this palette tomorrow for you.
The Limited Edition Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics #12 Palette ($74 CAD/$55 US) will be available in November 2012 at Holt Renfew, select Bay, Murale, and Sephora boutiques. It is available in the US on the Yves Saint Laurent Beauty website. Today is the last day for their 20% off Family and Friends promotion.
*Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions. Post contains an affiliate link.