It's finally my turn to give you a peak inside my makeup bag. This is the makeup bag that resides in my purse everyday. I'm long past ever hoping to store my actual makeup collection in a makeup bag although I have not forgotten the days when that was possible.
The bag is a lovely, iridescent ivory, faux snakeskin cosmetics bag from Giorgio Armani. It was part of the Armani 2011 Signature Lip Set.
The bag can really hold a surprising amount and if I'm not careful I can end up with an obscene amount of lipsticks and glosses floating around in it. I try to always switch them out every time I go somewhere but I'll admit that on occasion things just end up added to the mix.
So what's inside? Well it's an assortment of on the go essentials that I couldn't live without. OK well maybe I'd live but I'd be grumpy!
- Two Le Metier de Beaute GWP lip palettes. These teeny things are about the size of a credit card and very thin so they are perfect for on the go. 10 different lip colours taking up a minimal amount of space. I also have a QUO retractable lip brush in there for the application of these glosses. They are a bit on the sticky side and really nothing like Le Metier de Beaute's standard line glosses but the colours and variety are nice.
- I have my Guerlain Meteorites Pressed Powder Compact in 01 Teint Rose in there for touchups. I actually think I will take this out of my purse and start using it in the mornings to properly test it out. I rarely need touchups during the day so this is mostly sitting unused and underappreciated. I wanted a really pretty compact to pull out through the day but other than using the mirror for lip product reapplication I rarely use it. I've had it for over a year now and it's time to actually test the powder out!
- City Lips Lip Plumping Treatment mini. I mean minis just BELONG in a purse don't they?
- ybf Quench Lip Treatment. Powerful anti aging skin care for your lips! I love this balm. It feels great and contains outstanding anti-aging actives that you wouldn't ever expect to have in a lip balm.
- The Rouge Bunny Rouge Decadent Duo in Tango Argentino is purse perfection. A gorgeous gloss paired with a liquid blush that is effortless to apply should I ever need to on the go.
Now the lipsticks and glosses are switched up regularly but here is a selection that regularly find their way into my bag:
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Sheer Lipstick in Dark Juices
- Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in Beige 102 (What the heck I swore I reviewed this but can't find it for the life of me? I will review ASAP). I wore it in this FOTD. One of very few "nude" shades that work for me. Love this lipstick and the Rouge d'Armani formula is my favourite.
- Chanel Glossimer in 227 Pleasing from Holiday 2010. This collection was before the inception of my blog so I never reviewed it but it is one of my favourite Glossimers. Beautiful bronze with hints of pink and plum. I did wear it in this FOTD post.
Non cosmetic items:
- Mini size of Avon Moisture Therapy Hand Cream for obvious reasons.
- Crystal File by Burton because I can't survive without these files for my delicate thin nails. Everything else shreds them to bits. Also a nail clipper because hang nails are the bain of my existence.
- Tide to Go Instant Stain Remover Pen in case of disaster. These really come in handy and people will just love you when they are freaking out over a spill and you whip this bad boy out.
- Tiny hand sanitizer.
- Random hair accessories for my mop of messy, frizzy, horrid hair.
Hope you enjoyed the peak inside my bag. What items can't you live without in yours?