The wonderful Kathy at Fusion of Color Cosmetics offered to send me some samples of her mineral foundation is an assortment of fair shades. Girls if you are uber pale like me then you will be delighted with Fusion of Color's shade selection. There were such a variety of very fair shades in such a wide range of tones. I was really happy with this foundation. It has a lovely finish that is neither flat nor shiny. Just beautifully natural. Coverage could be built up without looking cakey or artificial. I was able to find matches with several of these shades. I'm sure you can as well!
Here are some swatches of the samples she sent me. Keep in mind these are heavy swatches of a loose powder foundation so they look lighter than they would on application when blended in but it was the best way to show you the subtle differences in nuances of tone.
Descriptions of the different shade categories:
- Rose - Soft pink beige cool
- Cool Beige - Beige cool
- Barely Beige - Beige, yellow undertone
- Plush Beige - Beige, cool undertone. Cooler than Barely Beige
- Buff - Neutral beige, a bit more cool than Tender Beige
- Tender Beige - Beige (yellow)
- Honey - Creamy beige (yellow)
- Carmel - Golden beige (yellow)
- Bare Buff - Beige yellow undertone
On NW10 skin. Click to enlarge:
Stay tuned for some truly beautiful blush swatches for Fusion of Color Cosmetics as well as a Face of the Day post featuring the products!
The full size 8 gram foundations retail for $28, half size 4 grams for $15 and samples for $2.50 and can be found on the Fusion of Color Cosmetics website.
* Product sent by the company for my consideration. All reviews are my own honest, unbiased opinion.