Sunday Riley is a brand that many of you may be unfamiliar with but it is a brand that I have been anxious to try for a couple of years now. First let me tell you a little about the brand. Sunday Riley began her career in the cosmetics industry on the laboratory side. She noticed there was a gap in the marketplace for scientifically advanced, high performance formulas which also utilized pure, potent botanicals and cleaner chemistry techniques. She assembled a super-team of cosmetic chemists in 2007 and started making plans for her own brand which launched with a ten product skincare line-up in 2009. She also expanded the line to include colour cosmetics a few years ago which I am equally excited to try.
The packaging and presentation is practical yet luxurious. The products come nestled in sturdy boxes. The cleanser is in a plastic bottle for safe use in the shower but the treatment and eye cream are in thick glass bottles.
The three products I tried were:
CERAMIC SLIP CLEANSER ($45 US/125 mL/4.2 fl oz) Is a gel-based, foaming clay cleanser rich in vitamin C and essential oils. Purifies the skin, tightens pores, and stimulates collagen and circulation. With natural essential oils to tone and balance the skin. The ultimate treat for normal and combination skin. Paraben free.
- Tightens pores and removes impurities with Refined French Green Clay
- Tightens pores and boosts radiance with Vitamin C
- Stimulate circulation with Black Pepper
- Anti-microbial and helps with skin irritation, inflammation, allergic conditions, exzema, promotes radiance with Sandalwood
- Soothes and restores with Jasmine
- Tones with the natural astringent Frankincense
Cleansers don’t tend to excite me. I mean you just put them on to wash them right back off again. But there was something about this cleanser that I really love. It has a very unique texture and feel and left my skin feeling really lovely after cleansing. It actually felt like it really was improving my skin which isn’t something I tend to look for or expect in my post makeup removal cleanser.
GOOD GENES TREATMENT ($105 US/30 mL/1 fl oz) A brightening, multitasking, radiance treatment and mask that will plump fine lines, reveal brighter, newer skin, and improve circulation for a smooth, vibrant complexion. Long term use will help restore damaged skin, reduce hyperpigmentation and scars, reduce the depth and number of line and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and increase epidermal thickness and firmness.
- Plumps lines, exfoliates and refines skin, decreases wrinkle depth over time with 40% Lactic Acid
- Boosts circulation, which brings oxygen to the skin, increases vibrance and radiance with Lemongrass
- Natural skin brightener. Anti-inflammatory with Licorice
- Boosts circulation, skin soothing. Helps counteract sting of lactic acid with Arnica
- Helps heal the skin, create stronger, healthier tissue with Yeast
While this treatment can be used liberally as a mask I found myself applying this day and night as almost my sole form of treatment and hydration during my month of testing. It has the consistency of a light lotion and my skin seemed to really respond well to it. Even though it is an extremely trying time of year for my dry and dehydrated skin the Good Genes treatment seemed to be all I needed to keep my skin smooth, soft, radiant, and healthy.
START OVER ACTIVE EYE CREAM ($85 US/ 30 mL/1 fl oz) An active eye cream that corrects puffy eyes, dark circles, and damaged skin. Formulated with key ingredients which repair, protect, and nourish the delicate eye area while helping you appear more rested and alert. Immediately plumps up fine lines and rapidly depuffs the periorbital area. Provides anti-wrinkle, antioxidant, and anti-pollution protection. Instantly cooling and lifting. Provides photostable antioxidants for day use, while helping to renew, strengthen, and regenerate the periorbital tissues overnight.
- Photostable source of Vitamin C, brightens skin, collagen synthesis, antioxidant with Vitamin C
- Helps prevent and repair UV damage with Lutein
- Naturally brightens Dark Under-eye circles, Anti-Inflammatory with Licorice
- Rich in nutrients for the Skin, Cellular renewal, anti-pollution with Algae
- Induces collagen and elastin production, accelerates healthy skin growth with Yeast Extract
- Protects against transepidermal water loss. And moisturizes with squaline
- Reduces fluid retention and puffiness with MCT
The formula of this eye cream sounds amazing but unfortunately I wasn’t able to test it for long term results for you. My eyes reacted to something in this cream. I’m not sure if it was the scent or maybe the “cooling effect” but whatever it was caused my eyes to burn even if I kept it a good distance from my eyes. Reading other reviews on this I haven’t noticed anyone else to experience this so I think it is just some strange quirk reaction I have. The consistency is wonderfully light and it absorbs quickly firming the eye area.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.