Valentine’s Day always has us dreaming in shades of red, so this week the Beauty Blogger Top Ten members are showing you our Top 10 Favourite Red Lipsticks! I love a beautiful red. Unfortunately I rarely have the nerve to wear them out of the house! It just seems so dramatic on me.
This list is in no particular order. (Except number 1, which happens to be my absolute favourite!)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge in #8 – This liquid lipstick can be worn without the top coat for a matte finish or with the top coat for a high impact glossy red. This formula does not budge. I mean once you put this on it is basically on until you take it off unless you eat something really oily. This is one of the only reds I can feel confident wearing out because a) I know it isn’t going to transfer and b) it looks fan-frickin-tastic.
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in #400 – This is one stunning red lipstick. The formula and shade are just jaw dropping. The only issue with this lipstick is that it transfers like crazy. You do not want to be wearing this out for a hot make out session or it is going to end up looking like a crime scene!
- Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion Lip Ink in Red Essence – These new Sephora Lip Inks are amazing. Crazy opaque pigment in one super light feeling swipe. The deep red of Red Essence is gorgeous and long lasting.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red – Amazing vibrant, silky, long wearing red. This is every red lipstick wearer’s dream.
- Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick in 999 – The recently reinvented Rouge Dior lipstick formula is heavenly and this blue based red is a stunner.
- Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick in Trafalgar – Another sumptuous Rouge Dior lipstick. This time in a fabulous orange red.
- Clarins Rouge Eclat Satin Finish Age-Defying Lipstick in Passion Red – Another incredible lipstick formula is this one from Clarins. This glowing blue based red is to die for.
- Clarins Rouge Eclat Satin Finish Age-Defying Lipstick in Red Wine – Another lovely Rouge Eclat lipstick. This time with a slightly sheerer finish in a feisty red wine tone.
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in Rouge Rock – This is another one of my all time favourite, can’t be beat, red lipsticks. The formula, shade, wear, all fantastic!
- Covergirl Lipperfection Lipcolour in Seduce – Looking for a universally flattering stunning glossy red that won’t break the bank? This option from Covergirl fits the bill. Just be careful about transfer.
Shop the Post:
Products provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.