Woo hoo! The day has arrived! Canadians can order the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. Ordering was made available a couple of weeks ago from UrbanDecay.com but they don’t ship to Canada. Since they sold old US residents have been eagerly awaiting it’s arrival online at Sephora and Ulta. I was worried it wouldn’t hit the Canadian Sephora today but it did! I quickly ordered it with my Beauty Insider $15 off gift certificate. Perfect! They of course made it impossible to find as searching Naked 3 or even Naked on Sephora comes up with nothing. It is listed as Naked3 with no space. You can find it here http://bit.ly/18d6K4R. You will have to wait another week or so to see it hit shelves in store.
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Available Now Online at Sephora (Canada Too!) and Ulta. Just Ordered Mine!
This week for the Beauty Blogger Top Ten we are sharing our Top 10 Makeup Palettes. Who doesn’t love a good makeup palette? It is an amazing way to get a variety of shades in one convenient location, not to mention they are usually a great deal! I thought it would be fun to show a mix of old favourites, new favourites, and a few I’ve yet to try, but long to.
In no particular order:
- KAT VON D Spellbinding Eye Shadow Book ($66 CAD) – This is an incredible palette of pigmented, beautiful and layer-able shades. You NEED this palette. It is unbelievable!
- TARTE Off The Cuff Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette & Bracelet ($50 CAD) -This blush palette filled with a well rounded assortment of pigmented shades.
- HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Palette ($67 CAD) – I have been using this palette daily all over my face and to highlight. MAD LOVE.
- LAURA MERCIER Artist’s Palette for Eyes ($60 CAD) – Sorry, another review coming soon. A great selection of shadows that’s a bit different than your standard neutrals. The best part is the majority are matte shades!
- NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition One Night Stand Cheek Palette ($72 CAD) – A palette of six NARS blush shades included old favourites and new shades. Need I say more.
- URBAN DECAY Vice Palette 2 ($68 CAD) – I am finding it hard to resist this palette with a combination of gorgeous neutrals and fun colours.
- URBAN DECAY Naked Basics Palette ($32 CAD) – We all need more quality matte neutral shadows in our life!
- SMASHBOX Heat Wave Eye Shadow Palette ($54 CAD) – I have heard great things about this palette and love the slightly different take on neutrals.
- URBAN DECAY Naked Palette ($62 CAD) – I don’t know why I don’t just do a review already of this go to palette. It’s worth the bit of fall out to have such a great selection of neutral shades at your fingertips.
- theBalm ‘Nude’tude’ Eyeshadow Palette ($36 US) – A nude/neutral lovers dream palette that includes a variety of matte shades as well as shimmer. I need to finally try this!
Shop the post:
What are some of your favourite palettes?
Some of the products shown were provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.
While I am not an exclusively cruelty free product user it is not difficult to come up with favourite cruelty free items. The difficulty lies in narrowing it down to just a few. There are so many amazing brands and products out there that are cruelty free. I decided to draw from some of my most used items.
Three of the items listed are actually my most used and loved products in my professional kit. I love them for personal use of course as well! They are:
FACE atelier Cosmetics Ultra Foundation ($34/20ml $48/30ml) - I have the smaller pro sized bottles in my kit. It is pretty much the only foundation I use in my professional life. This foundation offers amazing coverage with the most beautiful natural finish that looks like skin. They have an incredible shade range along with a series of adjusters like Zero Minus ( a white shade to lighten foundation shades), Zero Plus (to darken), Heat (to warm up a shade), and Zero Plus Plus (to really deepen a shade with less warmth). It is a very silicone rich formula but feels incredibly light on the skin. My clients are always commenting on how they can’t feel their makeup. Love this stuff! Plus FACE atelier is a Canadian brand!
Urban Decay Naked Palette ($60 CAD)- This is another product in my professional kit that get regular use. It is such a great all in one palette of gorgeous neutrals. The best part is that it contains 2 fabulous matte shades for the crease. I love the variety of looks that can be created with this palette and the convenience. The only draw out is that these shadows create a lot of fallout so I always make sure to do eyes first when I utilize it.
theBalm Shadow/Blushes ($21 US) - Beautiful natural shades in a matte finish that is flattering not chalky. Perfect for brides. My favourites are DownBoy and FratBoy.
Two products that I use pretty much daily in my personal use are:
EcoTools Domed Bronzer Brush ($9.99 US) – This cruelty free bronzer brush is just amazing. Soft, dense, perfect, and cheap!
DermOrganic Products - And I mean pretty much ALL DermOrganic Products with Argan Oil. The only ones I don’t use and adore are the leave in treatments as they contain silicone which I avoid because it weighs down my fine curly hair. Their Shampoo, Conditioner, Masque, Volume Foam, Sculpting Spray Gel, Defining Whip, and Fast Dry Shaping Spray are all incredible products that have become part of my regular routine.
Shop my 5 favourite cruelty free favourites:
I hope you have enjoyed a peek at some of my favourite cruelty free products today. Make sure you check out the other Makeup Wars members favourites using the links below! If you have missed out on the previous Makeup Wars posts then be sure to check them out, including our Favourite Oils, Favourite Hair Tools, Favourite Purple Nail Polish, Favourite Summer Mani, Favourite Summer Eye Looks, Favourite Sunscreens, Favourite Waterproof Makeup Products, Favourite Masks, Favourite Non Powder Eye Shadows, April Fools Day Prank, Spa Pampering at Home, Pantone Color of the Year Emerald Green Looks, Travel Picks, Valentines Day Look, Holiday Look, Holiday Wishlists, Favourite Mascaras, Favourite Fall Look, Favourite Red Lip, Favourite Makeup Brush, Favourite Fall Nail Polish, and Most Expensive Makeup Look.