Painterly is the perfect shade for my fair cool skin. It is a slightly pink nude beige. It is a cream finish meaning it contains no shimmer.
From the MAC Cosmetics website:
An industry-strength oil-based makeup remover that’s gentle on the skin. Botanically formulated with oils of olive fruit, evening primrose and jojoba seed and absolutely 100 percent mineral-oil free. Massages onto the skin to loosen all makeup, including waterproof mascara. Emulsifies into a lotion-type liquid with water: rinses off easily, no tissues required – and no residue! Protects with vitamin E. Skin softening and conditioning. Good for all skin types.
- Removes every single trace of eye makeup, every single time.
- Doesn’t irritate my eyes.
- I don’t have to use a cotton pad with it. I just pump into my hand and massage my eyes with my fingers and then move on to the rest of my face.
- It emulsifies when water is added and rinses clean with no greasy feel. I always follow with another cleanser since I focus the Cleanse Off Oil mainly on my eyes but I don’t even think this is a necessary step.
- None I can think of other than it is on the expensive side but I’m also saving money not having to purchase cotton pads to use with it every night. The price is worth it for me because it delivers every time and the bottle lasts forever.
Another great thing is there is now a travel sized version available so you can try it out at a lessor cost. 30ml/1oz is $12 CDN or $10 US. The full size version (150ml/5oz) is $31.50 CDN or $26 US.
Bottomline: Can’t live without it.
Final thought: Well what the heck was I waiting for?!
Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish Foundation Shade 1 mixed with Peau Vierge Shade 1
Le Metier de Beaute Visage de Soie powder
Make Up For Ever HD Concealer 305 set with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush Starina
Le Metier de Beaute Whisper highlighter
NARS Smudge Proof Eye Primer and MAC Painterly Paint Pot as base
MAC Copperbeam pigment on the lid and Copperized pigment in the crease, Le Metier de Beaute Chameleon True Color eyeshadow to blend out crease, Sugar and Whisper to highlight and Whisper in inner corner
Le Metier de Beaute Precision Liquid liner in Noir on upper lash line
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara in black
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Peregrina
Natural indirect light:
I almost posted a front on pic of myself but chickened out at the last minute.