I was lucky enough to be part of a small group of bloggers invited to an incredible meal at the Brassaii restaurant in Toronto for an exclusive look at the Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz collection. The collection will be first released exclusively at select Bay locations tomorrow, Saturday June 15th, 2013. It was such a fun event with a beautiful group of women. Hopefully I can share some more info on the fun we had soon. I will certainly be returning to Brassaii in the future. What a great spot!
Unlike many luxury brands like Chanel, Guerlain, and Armani, Lancôme does not have it’s own fashion house. What better match than the house of Lanvin and Lancôme for a brilliant and artistic collaboration.
HYPNÔSE ON THE CATWALK FOR ALBER ELBAZ ~ Hypnôse Doll Eyes, Hypnôse Star, Hypnôse Drama or simply the mythical Hypnôse: each mascara boasts its very own unique power, and available in a new extra black shade. Now, thanks to Alber Elbaz’s masterful hand, each is given a new couture life – utterly collectable! Unlike a lot of hiked up specially packaged releases these mascaras are only $1 more than the regular packaged version. For Lancôme mascara lovers it is time to stock up! Why not have a stash of your favourite formula set aside in gorgeous packing to enjoy for months to come?
- Hypnôse Doll Eyes ($32 CAD) is the first “doll lashes” effect mascara, for broader, longer and lifted eyes. Draped in its red heart dress, Doll opens the show with just the right dose of innocence.
- Hypnôse Star ($34 CAD) pays homage to the glamour of the silver screen with its double-sided brush designed to define stunning Hollywood eyes. Created by Alber Elbaz, its star-studded fur in electric blue makes it a studio goddess. A new star is born!
- Hypnôse Drama ($32 CAD) is the mascara for spectacularly intense eyes, with its convex brush designed to coat and separate each and every lash and achieve scandalous volume. Swathed in its flamenco-style bright pink polka dot dress, Drama embodies self-assured and passionate ultra-femininity.
- Hypnôse ($32 CAD) The first genuine made-to-measure mascara, Hypnôse leaves lashes up to six times thicker, increasing with each stroke of the brush. Alber Elbaz has made Hypnôse his bride, offering it a dress scattered with eyes. A natural accolade for the original, for the one and only Hypnôse …
North Americans are accustomed to Lancôme’s Color Design eyeshadow formula in their singles and palettes. This collaboration makes the european Hypnôse eyeshadow formula to North Americans for the first time. It is a creamier formula than Color Design. I am excited to try it out.
- Hypnôse 5 colour Palette ($56 CAD) brings make-up artist results within the reach of every woman, thanks to its variable intensity technology, Wet technology and magnetic high-precision professional applicators.
- Hypnôse ($34 CAD) also offers high luminosity eyeshadow monos, again adorned with polkadot, heart or star motifs.
And now for the most exciting part of the collection. For the first time ever Lancôme is releasing false eye lashes! These lashes are not only beautiful, and completely wearable, but they are also housed in the most gorgeous collectable Alber Elbaz designed box!
Finally, in an ultimate statement of his love for bold lines and for excess, Alber Elbaz completes this temporary collection with false lashes ($35 CAD) showcased in illustrated cases, representing a modern reinterpretation of the original Lancôme tradition. Infused with a joyous sense of profusion, this feather-weight accessory offers XXL beauty – a brand new way of cultivating your beauty in a way that is fun, fashionable and frivolous.
I think the Lancôme Show by Alber Elbaz Collection is so well executed. These are very wearable, staple products housed in absolutely stunning and unique packaging without inflated pricing. This limited edition collection will be available at The Bay, Sephora, Holt Renfrew, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Lancome.ca as of the end of June. You can get it as early as tomorrow, June 15th, 2013 at select Bay locations. The False Lashes are exclusively available at The Bay.
Products provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.