Handbags

My Guilty Pleasure | Handbags! Rebecca Minkoff, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs

It is time for the final instalment of the Beauty Spotlight Team’s Guilty Pleasure feature and this week it is my turn! What is my biggest, non-beauty related, guilty pleasure? Handbags! I only recently started building my contemporary designer handbag collection and it didn’t take long for me to get addicted. I am finally starting to get a better feel for the style and design of bag I end up finding most useful.

Handbags

My favorite designer is Rebecca Minkoff. I find myself being drawn to her styles more than any other and this has resulted in the majority of my collection being Rebecca Minkoff handbags. I have built up quite a little collection of her Moto Satchel style. I have one Large Moto Satchel in Soft Blue, as well as the regular sized Moto Satchel in Black, and my most recent handbag acquisitions, the Micro Moto Satchel in Baby Pink and Bleached Blue.

Rebecca Minkoff Moto Satchel sizes - 1

The Large Moto Satchel is far too large a handbag for me. It is such a beautiful bag with incredibly soft leather but I just don’t have a need for something so big.

The regular sized Rebecca Minkoff Moto Satchel is perfect for me. Thankfully I have this version in black and it has been a go to for me all fall and winter.

Rebecca Minkoff Moto Satchels - 1

I just got the new Micro Moto Satchels and I love this size and style. I have realized that while the Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC and Mini 5 Zips are a very, very popular size and style I just find them too small for me because of how shallow the bags are. The Micro Moto is the same width and height approximately as those models but much deeper at 4.25 inches vs only 1.75 inches so I can easily fit in all my necessities while still wearing a cute little bag. You will notice I still need to add more neutrals to my collection like brown and tan.

Rebecca Minkoff Moto Satchels - 2

You will also notice that when it comes to handbags I am very attracted to colour. Thankfully for fall and winter my colour fetish has calmed down substantially and I have been very happy alternating between my Rebecca Minkoff Moto Satchel in Black, Rebecca Minkoff Lenox Cross Body in Black, and Rebecca Minkoff Mini Perry Satchel in Port. I adore the Port shade and the design of the Mini Perry but actually find it a tad big for my needs and rather heavy.

Rebecca Minkoff Lenox Crossbody Review - 2

This past summer my most used bag was the MICHAEL Michael Kors Riley Small Satchel in Watermelon. The size and layout of this bag is perfection and the Watermelon shade is absolutely gorgeous. I hope to pick up this bag in more colours.

Whats-in-my-Bag-1-700x525

Other bags shown are the:

• Rebecca Minkoff Love Crossbody in White with silver hardware.
  • Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC in Vinca with silver hardware.
  • Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 Zip in Smoke with gunmetal hardware.
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs New Q Mini Natasha Bag in Sea Aqua with silver hardware.

When it comes to my handbags I love soft leather. I do not own any saffiano leather bags. It just doesn’t look and feel like leather to me, and I find it looks fake and like vinyl. I know saffiano is “the leather” right now but I just can’t get into it. I do appreciate the durability of them though. Maybe one day! I also tend to like my bags to have silver hardware as opposed to gold. I do like gold but as far as coordinating to hardware in the rest of my wardrobe I get more use out of silver.

What are your favourite handbags?

Shop the post:

18 Comments

• Sarah
    January 30, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Your collection is gorgeous! I love the colour of that Large Moto Satchel.

Christa
      January 30, 2016 at 4:26 PM

It;s such a gorgeous blue! That’s why I haven’t sold it yet even thought it’s bigger than I need.

• Poppy B.
    January 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Let me guess–Pantone checked with you before picking the colors of the year. 😉

Christa
      January 30, 2016 at 4:25 PM

LOL As you can imagine I’m pretty excited about this year’s colours! 😉 Right up my alley!

• Erin
    January 30, 2016 at 3:10 PM

I really like the Lenox!
    Erin recently posted..Sephora Sale Alert!My Profile

Christa
      January 30, 2016 at 4:26 PM

I love that bag so much! The quilting is beautiful and I love the hardware. <3

• Natalie Brown
    January 30, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Awesome collection! I love that you don’t mind carrying color. These bags are the prettiest colors. 🙂

Christa
      February 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Thanks Natalie!

• Allison
    January 31, 2016 at 12:41 AM

I love all the colors in your collection! The blues & the watermelon are my favorite colors in your stash, but the black quilted bag is so luxe!
    Allison recently posted..Skincare Favorites 2015My Profile

Christa
      February 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Thank you! I love all the colour but that Lenox is one of my faves!

• Yaya
    February 1, 2016 at 8:59 AM

I have a Louis Vuitton Neverfull that I love. And recently I started using the Lo & Sons OMG bag. It was supposed to be just for travel but I love all the compartments and pockets, so I havent stopped carrying it. I love big bags, so these two really work for me. On the weekends I go with my Gucci Crystal bag or a couple simple black shoulder bags that are a lot smaller and great for weekend activities.
    Yaya recently posted..All About the Freebies – 80 Birthday PerksMy Profile

Christa
      February 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM

I love compartments and pockets in my handbags! Those are always the ones that I end up going back to the most. I just can’t seem to do big bags though!

• Z
    February 8, 2016 at 10:13 AM

What is the handle drop of the large moto? I’m wondering if I can wear on my shoulder. I have skinny arms. Does the large moto seem light?

Christa
      February 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM

I’m not sure what the official handle drop size is but anyone with skinny-average arms can wear on the shoulder no problem. Although given the size of the bag it’s a bit awkward. The bag is really light for the size unlike my Perry. The leather is incredibly soft and quite thin so the bag is very lightweight. It’s really beautiful leather.

• Z
        February 9, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Thanks. What do you think of the bleached color blue? Is it easy to match with clothing? Could you wear it all year? I like more of a blue grey color, but I can see this working with my mostly neutral, black, denim wardrobe. Is it possible to measure the handle drop for me. I’m sorry. I can’t find it listed anywhere.

Christa
          February 9, 2016 at 1:36 PM

I think pale blue is pretty versatile year round. It’s a soft pretty pastel for spring and summer and it can be an icy blue for winter. The Large Moto comes in a bunch of colours including the gorgeous Port I have my Perry in. I will measure the handle drop for you tonight. My husband is on nights and sleeping right now and the bag is in with him! 😉
          Christa recently posted..Top 10 Ways to Organize Your MakeupMy Profile

• Z
            February 9, 2016 at 5:06 PM

I went to Nordstroms today and they had the regular moto. I could fit it on my shoulder, but it was tight. The SA looked it up for me and said the handle drop was 5 inches. When I got home my micro moto arrived in the mail, and it is really awesome. I can see why you got 2. It is the best bag I’ve purchased in a long time. The size and softness is so, so great. It’s wonderful that it is soft, yet has the structure to stand up on it’s own. So cute!

Christa
              February 10, 2016 at 9:22 AM

I swear I want to get a third. But that would be really crazy right? It’s just such a great size and I love the leather on them. The leather is gorgeous on all the sizes. I have a RM Moto addiction!