Tory Burch has released her first fragrance. Tory Burch Eau de Parfum (3.4 oz/ 100 ml; $122, 1.7 oz/50 ml; $92, 1.0 oz/ 30ml; $70) is a modern, colorful interpretation of the collection she has created. Classic and unexpected, similar to the clothing and accessories she designs, sophisticated yet down to earth, combining disparate ideas you don’t usually see together. The fragrance captures the casual ease and polished optimism that define Tory’s aesthetic.
“Fragrance is part of my personal history — my parents each had their favorite scents that are so tied to my memories. When we decided to create a fragrance, we spent a lot of time thinking about what it should be — a balance of femininity and tomboy, citrus and floral, grounded and graceful,” says Tory.
This fragrance happens to be composed of some of my favourite notes making it a must try for me. Vetiver, grapefruit, neroli, and white florals like tuberose and jasmine sambac make me a happy fragrance junkie.
- When creating Tory Burch Eau de Parfum, Tory felt it needed to have something grounded to anchor it, like her father Buddy Robinson’s signature vetiver. Vetiver has a dynamic, earthy quality to it — unfussy and unexpected.
- For brightness and optimism, there are citrus and fruit notes like crisp grapefruit and mandarin, sweet bergamot, succulent neroli and tangy cassis.
- For a more classically feminine component, florals such as saturated pink peony, lush tuberose, luxurious jasmine sambac and sweet alyssum are included.
- Woodsy, warm cedar and sensual sandalwood give it real depth and complexity.
The packaging looks stunning and is a nod to her mother Reva Robinson’s bedroom vanity and the classic perfume bottles and atomizers that graced it. The super-chic glass bottle features many of Tory’s favorite design elements: clean, beveled edges and a signature fretwork top. Fretwork is a recurring design element in Tory’s life, from a pair of Chinese Chippendale chairs in her childhood home to the brass details at the Tory Burch Madison Avenue flagship. The outer packaging is in the brand’s signature color, a vibrant orange, while the fragrance is a pale pink.
- The Tory Burch Body Cream (6.5 oz/190 ml $88 CAD) is a rich emollient cream infused with extra moisturizing shea butter. The plush formula absorbs quickly; skin feels smooth and lightly scented.
- The Tory Burch Body Lotion (7.6 oz/225 ml $60 CAD) is a lightweight formula that leaves behind smooth skin and a subtle scent.
- The Tory Burch Bath & Shower Gel (8.5 oz/250 ml $60 CAD) is a foaming wash that leaves skin clean and lightly scented.
- The Tory Burch Candle (11 oz/ 312 g $65 CAD) in a blush pink matte glass, is a super-chic accessory for home or office that burns cleanly to diffuse the fragrance throughout the room.
Carefully edited beauty items and accessories complete the collection, including a Lip Color, Lip & Cheek Tint, Bronzer & Blush and Face Brush.
Luminous skin, a hint of cheek colour and a simple, pinky nude in super-chic packaging define Tory Burch’s entry into beauty. Inspired by Tory’s love for a natural and polished look, her collection offers a ton of chic with a hint of tomboy. The capsule collection helps to create this look, effortlessly, with a few essentials — a lipstick; a lip and cheek tint; a bronzer and blush palette; and a retractable face brush — in colours that flatter a range of skin tones. The collection looks and feels distinctive: graphic gold and orange fretwork make each piece a super-chic accessory in itself.
The Tory Burch Bronzer & Blush in Divine ($52 CAD) features three skin-brightening, luminous shades – in pink, gold and ivory – pressed into one palette. Pink offers a youthful accent, gold gives a healthy glow, and ivory helps to achieve an even tone. With a single quick sweep, a trio of bronzer, blush and highlighter combine to create a healthy, sun-kissed glow year-round. The effect is, in a word, “divine”—a signature expression of Tory’s mother, Reva. The delicately scented palette is infused with notes of mandarin, tuberose and vetiver.
The Tory Burch Lip Color in Pas du Tout ($35 CAD) delivers a sheer veil of colour in Tory’s signature shade of pinky nude. It’s the ultimate in streamlined simplicity with its creamy texture, faint shimmer and universally flattering pale neutral pink shade. Following in the tradition of the world’s most exquisitely crafted cosmetics, the lipstick is scented with subtle notes from the fragrance including cassis, grapefruit and mandarin. “Pas du tout” was a phrase often used by Tory’s father, Buddy. It’s part of the original French version of the classic “she loves me, she loves me not” daisy petal-pulling game.
The Tory Burch Lip & Cheek Tint in Cat’s Meow ($42 CAD) is the ultimate versatile product, designed to add a hint of rosy pink colour that works with a range of skin tones. The formula blends easily, creating a healthy, natural flush with a sheer, dewy finish. The tint is lightly scented with notes from the fragrance, including cassis, grapefruit and mandarin. “Cat’s meow” is a bygone phrase—loved by Tory and often used on The Tory Blog—for people, places and things that are just generally fantastic.
The Tory Burch Face Brush ($52 CAD) is an effortlessly chic way to apply bronzers, powders and blushes. A makeup bag essential, its extra-soft bristles adapt to the contours of the face for flawless application. Compact and portable, the brush retracts into a polished gold case — the ideal tool.
Tory Burch Eau de Parfum and Beauty Collection is available exclusively at Holt Renfrew and Tory Burch boutiques.