Too Faced has outdone themselves with this beautifully packaged Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things ($64 CAD) collection of products hand picked by Too Faced Co-founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino.
The packaging and Too Faced’s signature chevron-print clutch were designed by celebrity decorator and TV personality Mary McDonald. Inside you’ll find a sturdy magnetic closure cardboard palette, full sized Lip Injection Color Bomb Lip Tint and sample sized Better Than Sex Mascara.
The palette includes:
- 20 Eye Shadows (0.06 oz ea) in Snowflakes, Whiskers on Kittens, Chocolate Milk, Moon on their Wings, Dark Chocolate, Cream Colored Ponies, Honey Honey, Busch de Noel, Evergreen, Blue Satin Sashes, Coquet, Taffy, Crisp Apple Strudel, Woolen Mittens, Soirée, Tinsel, Bluff, Ooh La Orchid, Party Time, Pure Glam
- 2 Blushes (0.14 oz/ea) in Raindrops on Roses and Melt into Spring
- 2 Bronzers (0.14 oz/ea) in Sun Bunny and Chocolate Soleil
- How-to Glamour Guide
The eyeshadows have a great mix of finishes. There are four neutral matte shades, (Chocolate Milk, Dark Chocolate, Cream Colored Ponies, and Woolen Mittens), that are great quality. This makes the palette incredibly versatile and perfect for travel. Moon on Their Wings is a glitter shade that is very sheer and messy. Ooh la Orchid is a lovely matte purple that swatches softer than it looks in the pan. Blue Satin Sashes, Soirée, and Pure Glam are matte with sparkle shades of good pigmentation. The remaining shades are shimmer and frost finishes. Most have excellent pigmentation with the exception of Evergreen and Party Time that perform pretty poorly on their own. Over a primer though these shades really come to life. Given this I think this set should have included a sample of my favourite eyeshadow primer; Too Faced Shadow Insurance to really make it complete. Aside from the great matte shades, Honey Honey, Coquet, Tinsel, and Bluff are standouts in this palette for me.
I think it’s great that they included blushes and bronzers in both matte and shimmer formulas in the palette.
- Raindrops on Roses is a fresh warm pink with subtle shimmer.
- Melt into Spring is a lovely matte coral.
- Chocolate Soleil is a wonderfully neutral matte bronzer that does not come off muddy or orange even on my fair skin.
- Sun Bunny is a much warmer two toned bronzer with strong shimmer.
I love when sets like these result in my discovering a new favourite product that I likely would have never explored otherwise. The Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb! Moisture Plumping Lip Tint is a lip plumper that gives that subtle tingling effect and also includes Vitamins A, C, and E and mango butter to moisturize. It does all this with a drier balm texture as opposed to a gloss. The shade Bee Sting is a gorgeous pink tinged nude. I am loving the shade, texture, formula, and plumping effect of this well pigmented lip tint.
The set also includes a sample (0.17 oz) of the new Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This is a wonderful mascara that I will do a full post on for you soon.
This is a limited edition set that is exclusive to Sephora.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.