What’s inside this unassuming white box you may ask? Well it’s a whole lot of fabulousness, let me tell you! Before I get carried away let me tell you a little about Wantable. It is a company offering monthly subscription boxes to US, Canadian, and Australian residents which are valued at $80 and up and cost $40 for a box or $36/month for an ongoing subscription. There are actually two types of boxes you can choose from. A Makeup Box filled with full sized and premium sample products as well as an Accessories Box filled with limited edition and personalized jewelry and accessories. Now of course I had to try the Makeup Box first!
If you have followed this blog you will know I have subscribed to many monthly beauty box subscriptions including the now Luxe Box by LooseButton, Topbox, and the now defunkt Glymm. I was always pretty disappointed in these boxes as they would be full of hair products I couldn’t use since they contained silicones and sulphates, hand creams galore, and teeny skincare samples. Most often they didn’t include any colour cosmetics products which is what I am most looking for in a beauty box. It’s easy to obtain skin care samples from stores but being surprised, and possibly being taken out of your comfort zone, with full sized and sample makeup is where the fun really lies in a subscription service like this in my eyes. I have since cancelled all of those subscriptions.
And then trots in the Wantable Beauty Box on it’s gallant white horse, I mean in it’s boring white box.
Is the packaging and presentation as pretty or luxurious as some of my previous subscription experiences? Well no. But who gives a crap! It’s what’s INSIDE that counts. How many of those pretty pink boxes and weird tubes can I keep anyways? The contents of my first Wantable box are amazing. At least in my opinion. When you sign up for the box there is a VERY personalized style quiz, (much more so than my previous subscription box questionnaires), to gauge your interest in certain types of products and it really pays off with the personalized results.
- Lise Watier Ombre Souffle Supreme Eyeshadow Sample Card. I have so been wanting to try these! Squee!
- Full sized Besame 1930’s Mascara valued at $18. I have always admired Besame’s luxurios and retro packaging from afar. So excited to finally try this brand!
- Full sized Lise Watier Haute Couleur High Coverage Lip Lacquer in Rose Vintage valued at $22. I absolutely adore Lise Watier and will never frown at more of their products in my collection.
- Full sized Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in Fire Sping valued at $10. I’ve never heard of this brand but how fun does this polish look? <3
- Full sized FACE Stockholm Gel Eyeliner in Black valued at $24. FACE Stockholm is a professional brand I have long wanted to try. Can’t wait to see how this gel liner performs.
- Travel Size Japonesque Smudger Brush valued at $14.50. Japonesque is a quality brand. So nice to see a brush in a subscription box from a reputable company!
My box is valued at over $88. Pretty sweet if you ask me! This is such a better value than paying $12-15 for a box of dinky samples. I am one happy camper.
Have you tried Wantable? What would you think if you received this box? You can check out their website Wantable.com.
Product provided for my consideration. All reviews are always my own honest and unbiased opinions.