What’s Inside my October 2012 Topbox?

I am pretty happy with the contents of the October 2012 Topbox. Finally some colour!

The box contains:
MaskerAid Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask. I think it is awesome this product was included as I am already in love with these! Please see my review of the Weather Warrior Mask. This is a full size product with a value of $4.99. Topbox will begin selling these on their website October 22nd.

There are also tiny samples of the new Aveda Invati Shampoo and Conditioner for thinning hair. I have thinning hair and so does my sister. This product intrigues me but with tiny 10ml samples it will be hard to make any kid of judgement call on them to make deciding on a full bottle purchase any easier. The full size 200ml bottles retail for $27.
Stila Prime Pot. I am already a huge fan of using MAC Paint Pots and other cream shadows as a base under my eyeshadow so I look forward to trying out the sample of this. The sample pot provided is one half the size of the retail version which sells for $26.

The other Stila sample is a cardboard sampler of all of the shades in their In The Garden Eyeshadow Palette. I think it is pretty cool and a great way to give the shades a try before purchasing the palette that retails for $50. Love seeing more colour products in this month’s Topbox!
What do you think? Worth the price? I am very happy with this box but I just couldn’t justify the expense anymore and felt the $10 a month could have been spent better elsewhere. But, I’ll be honest, I’m regretting having cancelled before receiving this just a bit. It is a good one!

• Joanne
    October 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

This month’s box is not bad but I wish there were a product of Benefits….I can’t wait to receive my first topbox!

• Ashleigh
    October 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I got the same thing as you except instead of a Stila prime pot i got the Vasanti Brighten Up! I really liked this box!

• Ashley
    October 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Did you get box6?

• Perilously Pale
    October 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I don’t know what box6 is Ashley?

• Ashley
    October 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Mine shows box-6 as my reference number when I look at my tracking number. I haven’t received my box yet but I hope I get the same as you. I received the Vasanti – Brighten Up! last month.

• Ashleigh
    October 13, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Mine was box 13! This was my first box :)

• Perilously Pale
    October 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Yup my tracking said box 6! πŸ˜‰

• Candice
    October 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I hope I get these products in my box, it’s all stuff I’d be interested in getting :) I was supposed to get it today but CP updated that they didn’t receive the item in time for cut-off and so I have to wait until Monday, boo!

A more general comment: You have such a beautiful header to your blog, wow!

• Perilously Pale
    October 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Thank you Candice! You’re freaking me out! I’m in the process of having it redesigned! LOL

• Ashley
    October 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Great thanks! Can’t wait to get mine :)

• mylucitedreams.com
    October 13, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Loving these sample services mainly for the surprise factor :-) I have cancelled most of them as well, except for GlossyBox US which I love. I felt the same way, that I would rather spend my money on something I really want, then look at the month I missed to see which month I will regret

• Iris
    October 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

That is a really nice sampler box, especially the Stila primer (which I’ve got to try someday). Not many sampler boxes ship to Canada for a reasonable price or I’d be tempted.

• Teena in Toronto
    October 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I got the mask and make-up too.

• Erin B
    October 16, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I got the same box, it was my first one but they did not provide the Stila prime pot or the description card. I am super dissapointed seeing as it was my first box and two items were missing!

• Adelaide Louie
    October 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I got the same box too and mine was box 5! I don’t think this box was that great (due to the size of the samples, rather than the samples themselves) but I won’t be cancelling anytime soon =p

Here is my review