Let’s face facts, I’m a makeup junkie (to the core) and I’m in cosmetic nirvana because the trends for Fall/Winter 2012 are not just a re-boot of the same old “natural” look.
I’ve created these 3 looks with a distinctly fashion forward edge but retained a modern elegance by careful editing and specific placement. These are not looks for the cosmetically faint of heart. But if you’re ready to break free from the boredom of a natural look – this is your golden ticket to some highly fashionable makeup magic.
- Step 1. With a small fluff brush, apply a dynamic cool matte sky blue shadow to the entire eye lid, blended into the crease and continued under the lower eyelash line.
- Step 2. On the outer third of the lid and in the eye crease, blend a cool, midnight blue
- toward the center of the eye until it disappears into the lighter blue eye shadow. Step 3. To intensify the pop of color and introduce the metallic effect, apply a translucent layer of shimmering teal pigment, distributed delicately with a brush over the entire shadowed area and below the eye along the lash line.
- Step 4. Define with a cream liner in black along the upper eyelashes and along the waterline of the lower eyelid.
- Step 5. Apply at least 2 coats of mascara to upper lashes and one coat to lower eyelashes. A set of flirty false lashes can be added to the upper lashes to create even more drama but are not obligatory.
- Step 6. Blend a soft peachy blush with powder bronzer to add depth and warmth to the face that will contrast with the cool blue tones on the eyes.
- Step 7. Shape and define lips with a nude pencil a few shades deeper than your natural lip color.
- Step 8. Finish with a high shine gloss tinted a sheer rosy shade to amplify the lips natural color.
Photo credit: Kryolan