The Antiquité Poupée Eye Kaleidoscope. Dustin Lujan for Le Metier de Beaute – Sneak Peek!

Do you have your Le Metier de Beaute Antiquité Poupée (translates to Antique Doll) Kaleidoscope for Holiday 2011 reserved yet with Dustin at Bergdorf Goodman? I sure do! I am so in love with his creation from last year, Smoldering Embarkment, that there was no way I was missing out on his new offering. I especially loved this look I did with Smoldering Embarkment.

Dustin’s main inspiration for this kaleidoscope is the feeling invoked by discovering an antique doll like the one pictured below. A beautiful treasure that is luxurious and beautiful despite being a little tarnished by the wearing of time.

To add to the feeling of a treasured memory this kaleidoscope is presented in an exquisite gold gift box adorned with a hand crafted aspen leaf ornament plated in your choice of  24k gold, silver or bronze.

The shades in Antiquité Poupée from top to bottom are:

• Dusty Rose
  • Burlap Sorrel
  • Tarnished Russet
  • Ember Ash

The top shade, Dusty Rose, looks similar to Champagne from the regular line but does differ in shade and finish. I think this would work great as a highlighter on the face as well. Burlap Sorrel is a gorgeous TAUPE. OK it’s described as a multi-tonal brown but who are we kidding…it’s taupe! Tarnished Russet is the shade that seems to be scaring some people away from this palette. I’ve even heard people saying “I would get it if it didn’t have that colour”. Well this is the shade that makes the palette. Same way the “scary” red shade in last year’s Smoldering Embarkment made that palette so special. Maybe a matte brick shade isn’t normally your “thing” BUT this shade is meant to work with the other shades in the palette. To layer with them. I am confident the end result of using Tarnished Russet with the other shades in Antiquité Poupée will be gorgeous, because my dear readers, Dustin KNOWS his stuff! Ember Ash is a deep blue silver charcoal.

I love this promo pic for the Holiday 2011 Kaleidscope because it looks so real and not photoshoped to death.

Here’s a behind the scenes look of Dustin working his magic on the gorgeous model for the shoot.

And of course I must include a gratuitous pic of Dustin because he is just so darn handsome! Call him at Bergdorf Goodman now to reserve yours (212) 872-8612. It should be available in early December I believe.

9 Comments

• Thanks for the sneek peak! :)

• Valerie says:

We can reserve one too??? (yes i’m talking about us the people north of the frontier!)
    :D

• Valerie I have a friend in New York that is going to pick it up and ship it for me. I just buy it over the phone. ;-)

• Leigh says:

Ordered mine already, naturally!

• Megan says:

Thanks for the sneak peek!

I called to reserve mine a few days ago, but didn’t speak to Dustin. I wasn’t given the choice of leaf plating. Should I perhaps be worried that my information didn’t make it to the pre-order list?

(Full, somewhat embarrassing disclosure: I spoke to a lovely gentleman who had a rather thick accent. Gave him my name, address, credit card, phone number, but I’m not quite sure we understood each other. I’ve been telling myself that the counter’s people have taken dozens of orders and I’m sure BG doesn’t screw things up. Is calling to make sure I’m on the list something I should do?)

• Laci says:

Megan I think I talked to the same guy. Haha I pre-ordered mine but didn’t know anything about the plating. I hope I made it on the list! O_O I called a couple of weeks ago.

• Hi Megan and Laci,

I’m not sure why you weren’t given a choice? Maybe my info wasn’t correct? You could always ring the counter back just to make sure you’re on the list and let them know which you’d like if you would like to choose ;-) I never told Dustin which one I wanted either! LOL

• Anonymous says:

I didn’t get a choice either and when I got mine the leaf was silver. It is quite big. Didn’t come in gold gift box. Came in regular black box autographed by Dustin and the leaf was in it’s separate smaller box.

• mkupluv says:

I got mine and changed my mind on the leaf and Dustin was happy to switch it out. If you call I’m sure its not a problem he is a sweetheart!