Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy – Swatches and Review

Zuneta’s website describes Gypsy as pale warm beige meets rich chestnut brown shimmer. That is a very apt description.  One of many things Zuneta is amazing for is the most accurate shade descriptions of products I’ve ever come across.
From the Hourglass Cosmetics website:

Visionaire pairs two silky shades of eye shadow in a mini 360° swivel compact

• COLORS MAY BE WORN TOGETHER OR ON THEIR OWN
  • EACH SHADE MAY BE APPLIED WET OR DRY TO ACHIEVE DESIRED COLOR INTENSITY
  • SULFATE-, PHTHALATE- AND SYNTHETIC DYE-FREE

I’m not really sure why I don’t hear much mention of Hourglass. The products I’ve tried have been outstanding. Their Visionaire Eyeshadow Duos are amazing. The are incredibly pigmented and are so buttery smooth they almost feel like a cream shadow. Actually in my swatches for Gypsy they almost look like cream shadows! Hourglass is also widely available. I purchased mine from Zuneta but they are available in North America at Sephora for crying out loud so I’m not sure why everyone isn’t a buzz about Hourglass. Do me a favour next time you’re at Sephora and just swatch some of their products for me and then try and tell me you didn’t fall in love.

As always pictures can be clicked on to be enlarged. You will want to see the beautiful shimmer and texture of these shadows.

Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy

Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy

Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy

Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy

Please stay tuned for my look featuring the Hourglass eye shadow duo in Gypsy later this week!

Hourglass can be found at Zuneta who ships internationally.
Tags:

8 Comments

• flora_mundi
    August 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I haven’t tried Gypsy yet, but I have Prism and it is likewise incredible. Everything you need for a cool smoky eye with none of the effort it would normally take.

• Voe
    August 9, 2011 at 8:17 AM

I really like those colours, I cannot wait to see the look you do with them.

You have a fabulous blog!

All the best,
    Voe.

• Marina(Makeup4all)
    August 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Hourglass is one of my favourite brands, I LOVE everything I’ve tried. I have Gypsy myself and it’s so beautiful 🙂

• Replica
    August 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I’ve been meaning to get this duo for ages as I love the other two I have. It looks even better in your swatches, I’m really looking forward to their eyeshadow palette coming out as well 🙂

• panties
    August 10, 2011 at 1:40 AM

hourglass is a newer brand…people like their lipsticks, stains and eyeshadows. Their foundations are not good at all. I like the line has potential, especially since Gina Brooke works for them.

• panties
    August 10, 2011 at 1:42 AM

*i think the line has potential. man i cannot type today.

• kellyyes
    August 10, 2011 at 5:02 AM

yes i have heard raves about hourglass’s eye shadows as well. i tried their mascara (just a mini version) and it was really great, i enjoyed it a lot. my sephora doesnt stock hourglass in store or else i would definitely check out more products!

• monique
    August 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I go looney for brown shadows and these two are a must have. Thanks for the review and swatches

Chiffon, Lace and Leather Fashion Blog