Giorgio Armani Jacquard Eye Palette #1 Face of the Day

Here is my face of the day testing out the Armani Fall Jacquard palette #1. I think you will see why I was a little disappointed. I swear in these pics you can almost see that the eye shadow was dry in texture. I’m sure that’s myΒ over active, hyper critical imagination though πŸ˜‰
This also demonstrated just how purple the Chanel Taupe liner is. If I hadn’t of pointed out it’s use you may have just assumed I’d lined under my eyes with the purple from the Armani palette wouldn’t you? πŸ˜‰

Products Used:

Face:
Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Shade 1
MUFE HD Concealer 305 set with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
Le Metier de Beaute Visage de Soie

Cheeks:
Chanel Joues Contraste Rose Ecrin

Eyes:
NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eye Primer and MAC Painterly Paint Pot as base
Giorgio Armani Jacquard Woven Eye Palette #1: Beige on browbone and inner corner, pale green on lid, deeper green on outer v and crease, purple thick to line upper lash line
Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eye Liner in Taupe to line lower lash line
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara Black

Lips:
Rouge Bunny Rouge Gleaming Temptations Lip Gloss in Coy

Β

Tags:

6 Comments

• luv2smilexo
    August 25, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I agree wtih you on the texture of the shadows. I was not impressed at all.

• MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone)
    August 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I love Armani foundation and lip products but most of their eyeshadows just don’t do it for me. The palette itself is gorgeous but if they are chalky then why bother.

• Strawberry Blonde
    August 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Shame about the texture as the colours are lovely on your eyes.
    Nic x

• Kristie
    August 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I really wasn’t all impressed with the pigmentation of the shadow palette either. I walked away from it and the face palette twice.

• Zuzu's Petals
    August 25, 2011 at 11:09 PM

You are not the first person I have heard complain about Armani eyeshadow texture. That’s a shame because the colors are so beautiful.

BTW, how did you get Coy to look so rosy on you!

• Minza.
    August 29, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I love your hair! You’ve a lovely blog. Follow me! πŸ™‚
    Rougeberry Fashion