Face of the Day of Fails

This is actually a face of the day that didn’t turn out well at all. I was testing out NARS Dogon again, which if you’ve been following this blog you’ll know was a disappointment for me. I also tried out filling in my lips with MAC’s In Synch lip liner to nude then out in a pale pink and topped with Rouge Bunny Rouge No Strings Attached. The result looked great but in no time it started separating weird and creeping into all my lip lines. So there are two reasons I’m posting this horror show anyways. 1) It’s a holiday Monday here and this was a quick post I could get up before we head to the cottage and 2) Some of you wanted to see Estee Lauder Radiant Peach in action.

Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Shade 1
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua BR10
Make Up For Ever HD Concealer in 305 set with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
Fresh Face Lustre Fair Isle
Estee Lauder Radiant Peach Blush
MAC Too Chic Beauty Powder

NARS Smudge Proof Eye Primer
Le Metier Sugar Eye Shadow
NARS Dogon Eye Shadow Duo
Le Metier de Beaute Precision Liquid Liner in Noir
Chanel Inimitable Intense Noir Obscure Mascara

MAC In Synch Lip Liner
Rouge Bunny Rouge No Strings Attached Gleaming Temptations Lip Gloss

• Liz
    August 1, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Well it looks beautiful! I heard the EL blush is on the powdery side – did you find that to be true? xoLiz

• PerilouslyPale
    August 1, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Not powdery or chalky at all. Just sheer. I also have Peach Nuance.

• Flyavsted
    August 1, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I love this look on you! Gorgeous!! Love your new layout as well! :)

• Zuzu's Petals
    August 1, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Hmm, I don’t see the fail. Your FoTD looks as beautiful as always.

Holy cats, I LOVE your new blog design, including the little illustration who looks like you. Gorgeous!

• luv2smilexo
    August 1, 2011 at 4:59 PM

you are so silly, this is not a fail, you look gorgeous!

• PerilouslyPale
    August 1, 2011 at 10:32 PM

LOL thanks girls! You have to admit the eyeshadow is splotchy. I should have posted the really bad picks!

Thank you for the complements on the look and my new layout!

Zuzu I’m dying over the Holy Cats comment!

• D.Sadie